- Eliminates the risk of pool fires
- Minimizes operational downtime in event of a spill
- Quick installation in existing facilities
- No need to cut concrete for drainage
The Medium Flow System is a modular flooring system designed to contain and remove spilled flammable or hazardous liquid chemicals. When a spill occurs, the liquid will drain into hollow floor profiles through specially machined drain holes in the top surface of the floor. By draining the liquid away from the top surface, the possibility of liquid pool formation is eliminated. Once liquid is inside the floor profiles an internal flushing system will push the liquid towards the suction manifolds, where it is then pumped to external containment.
- Flushing and Suction system within flooring
- Installs directly onto existing substrate (level or sloped)
- Ramped and rated for weight of a forklift, tanker truck, etc.
- System footprint can be customized based on application
- Fully automated activation through liquid detection
Pricing starts at $250/sqft for systems ≥ 500 sqft, including installation. Custom engineered applications of < 500 sqft typically start at $100,000. Factors for pricing are: nickel plating protection, pumps and controls, and installation location.
FIRE ALARM INTEGRATION
When the system detects a spill and the flushing and suction are activated, a signal should be sent to the facility’s fire alarm system. Depending on the fire alarm system set up, the water supply for the flushing system can be connected to the site’s water supply to prevent the facility’s fire alarm from activating in the case of a spill without a fire.